Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm the Foreign Teacher

I take it as a personal offense when my students skip my class.

I can't help but feel slightly irritated and upset.

I caught myself feeling vindictive today in class when one of my favorite (or formally favorite) students missed my class, for the 2nd time in a row.

I thought, "I'm marking 20 points off his grade for bad attitude, and another 20 for irresponsibility. How dare he!"

Then I worried, "maybe it's my teaching. Maybe I did something wrong, and he doesn't like my class anymore."

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I'm the Foreign teacher, and I'm special, and there are many other non-students who sit in my class because they think I'm interesting and love my lessons. So, how dare he!

This is how a queen must feel when one of her subjects disobeys her.

I'm the Queen! How dare you!


I know I should just get over it, it's almost the end of the year anyway, spring fever...blah blah,

but still,


I'm the Foreign teacher!


=)

No comments: