Tuesday, July 21, 2009

at every end there is a beginning

I'm afraid to say that this American girl isn't in Inner Mongolia anymore. And this American girl doesn't plan on going back to Inner Mongolia anywhere on her calender.

Everything regarding getting Nina the Pug went smoothly. She got spayed, micro chipped and licensed yesterday, so she is officially an Albuquerque dog. Less than 4 hours after I picked her up after her surgery, she was caught nosing through the trash for a chicken bone. She is doing fine.

Prof. Ned and I are like a wide river that has diverged into two streams. We've chosen to separate, remain friends, but ultimately go our separate ways. I miss having him around, but feel honored to have had him accompany me half way around the world for a year.

Near future plans are to eat lunch, drink tea, watch movies and giggle with girlfriends. Spend time with my parents and two brothers. Finish my application for an MA program to begin in the spring, in the meantime substitute teach, or waitress. I'm enjoying riding my fast road bike around, and I've been savoring American foods like chips and dip, macaroni and cheese (thank you mom!) and mint chocolate chip ice cream. wow, all things with dairy that will make me fat.

The blogging experience has been wonderful for me, and I hope to continue it in the future.

This is the last post for American Girl inher Mongolia.

it makes me sad to write that, but at every end there is a beginning, and my writing will continue in another form, in another place.

If I begin a new blog I will post the forwarding url, on this blog.

Thank you all for reading.

Peace and blessings,

Mandy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss reading about your wonderful adventures, and cannot wait to read some more wherever you may write in the future. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Start a new blog please. :)

I miss your writing!

amandala said...

thanks Lev! I'm thinking about it.... transitions are hard.