Yesterday I felt very appreciative of my college experience. Around me I see groups of friends chatting toghether, couples riding bikes together, girls holding books and walking to class together. I imagine that there are college parties (even in Inner Mongolia), and that now is a ripe time for freshman to wipe their slate clean and be who they want to be.
I spent my weekend running around the track on North campus (where I live) reading, lesson planning a bit, writing, eating and bike riding with Ned, and meeting Sun Peng's parents and having lunch at their house on Saturday. My weekends now are very low key.
I do not go to parties, or meet with friends, or spend time in a big library somewhere with a thousand other students on a Sunday night doing homework for the next day. But that's okay. I've already done that.
As Ned and I took a late walk in the park, and then stopped on the side of the road for a whole watermelon I felt content knowing I had experienced the life these college students are having now, and that now my boat has landed on a much calmer shore.
My college days are over, and I embrace the next stage of my young life.
Hitting Up The Beach
-
The Nielsons hit up the Outer Banks today.
The day began with Mama Kwans for fish tacos, then of course
we hit up one of the million candy stores for lico...
No comments:
Post a Comment