I take it as a personal offense when my students skip my class.
I can't help but feel slightly irritated and upset.
I caught myself feeling vindictive today in class when one of my favorite (or formally favorite) students missed my class, for the 2nd time in a row.
I thought, "I'm marking 20 points off his grade for bad attitude, and another 20 for irresponsibility. How dare he!"
Then I worried, "maybe it's my teaching. Maybe I did something wrong, and he doesn't like my class anymore."
I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I'm the Foreign teacher, and I'm special, and there are many other non-students who sit in my class because they think I'm interesting and love my lessons. So, how dare he!
This is how a queen must feel when one of her subjects disobeys her.
I'm the Queen! How dare you!
I know I should just get over it, it's almost the end of the year anyway, spring fever...blah blah,
but still,
I'm the Foreign teacher!
=)
My Little Diva
-
Without fail, Minnie ends up in my bed in the morning.
I'm on autopilot and usually don't remember getting up to
take her out of her crib in the middle of...
No comments:
Post a Comment